Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
This is a requested recipe that I haven't tried. The amount of cloves seems high, but I have posted it just as it was. If I do make them, I would cut that amount down considerably.
Top Review by Me & Mr. Jones
Yum! Tastes like Christmas! My kitchen smelled so delicious while this was baking. I ended up baking mine in a 13x9, and used butter instead of margarine. I also did 1 tsp. each of ginger and cloves as I agree with you that 1 tbsp would be too much. It turned out perfectly! Thanks for posting, pies & cakes& cookies ohmy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon clove
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light molasses
- 1 cup brewed hot coffee
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 -4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the sugar and margarine. Sift together the flour, salt soda and spices. Add to creamed mixture. Add eggs, molasses and finally coffee.
- Spread batter in a 15x10x1 pan, and bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- For frosting, cream the margarine and cream cheese. Add sugar to desired consistency. Add vanilla and mix till creamy.
- Spread frosting over bars.
- Top with chopped nuts if desired.