- 16 ounces asparagus spears
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, cook asparagus spears, covered, in a small amount of boiling water (4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender). Drain.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine half and half, water, cornstarch, chicken bouillon, fresh ginger and lemon peel. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve over asparagus.