Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from Sunset. Let me know how it is please.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 inch peeled ginger, sliced quarter size
- 2 large egg yolks
- In a 2 quart pan stir together the sugar and flour.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Add the ginger and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl whip the yolks and SLOWLY whisk in 1/4 cup of the hot milk mixture.
- Now slowly whisk this mixture into the hot milk mixture.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove ginger slices.
- Let cool to room temp and then chill.
- This will keep up to 3 days in the fridge.
Recipe turned out fine but I would reduce the amount of flour by 1/2...the cream got way too thick too fast and I had to thin it out with milk before adding the egg yolks.