Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use in anything that calls for ginger syrup or ginger cordial. Very good served with club soda, garnished with a lemon wedge.
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb gingerroot, grated
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 1⁄4 cups sugar
- Put water in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Mash ginger root in a medium bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Add ginger, zest, lemon juice and sugar to pot.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Refrigerate syrup and use within a week.