Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my adaptation of a recipe on www.positivehealth.com. This version doesn't use any grains. I mix these right in the saucepan that I start with. It's a nice little cookie and my family loves them, so much that I usually double the recipe.
- 55 g butter
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 115 g arrowroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Melt the butter, honey and molasses in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Allow to stand. If after 5-10 minutes it's not a bit of a firm dough, you might add a bit more arrowroot.
- Roll into small balls and bake for 10-15 minutes at 170°C/350°F.
Great ginger cookie! For the mixed spice I used a mix of allspice, mace and a little cinnamon. They're not very sweet but very spicy, just how I like it. Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2010.