1/11 Photos of Ginger Cookies
This recipe was given to me by an elementary school teacher I work with. She does a mini cooking lesson with her students every Friday and they recently made these. So soft and chewy. These are the best!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Combine flour, spices, baking soda, salt and sift (if desired.) Set aside.
- 3Cream butter and add sugar gradually. Beat until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in egg and molasses.
- 5Add flour mixture (1/3 amount at a time) and mix well.
- 6Roll into walnut-size balls. Roll in sugar and place on baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- 7Bake for 9-12 minutes or until tops are slightly rounded and crackly.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 417.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g