I got this from a kids cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine butter, brown sugar, egg and molasses.
- 2Stir in dry ingredients except powdered sugar and mix completely. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- 3Remove cookie dough from frig and take small portions of the dough about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup and roll out to 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Use powdered sugar instead of flour to roll out cookie dough. It won't toughen cookies as flour does if too much is used.
- 4Cut out with assorted cookie cutters and place on a foil lined cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookie.
- 5To make decorator frosting combine meringue powder, powdered sugar, water, vanilla and almond extract in mixing bowl (the recipe doesn't list the ingredient amounts for this frosting).
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (918 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.6
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 73.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g