Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this from a kids cookbook.
Make and share this Ginger Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine butter, brown sugar, egg and molasses.
- Stir in dry ingredients except powdered sugar and mix completely. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Remove cookie dough from frig and take small portions of the dough about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup and roll out to 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Use powdered sugar instead of flour to roll out cookie dough. It won't toughen cookies as flour does if too much is used.
- Cut out with assorted cookie cutters and place on a foil lined cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookie.
- To make decorator frosting combine meringue powder, powdered sugar, water, vanilla and almond extract in mixing bowl (the recipe doesn't list the ingredient amounts for this frosting).