My daughter loves cookies so I found this simple ginger cookie and it has no eggs (which is a bonus for me). I've decorated the cookies few different ways. Example: sprinkle pink edible glitters or hundred and thousands or left the cookie with no decoration and icing. You can use what ever shape you fancy. Whatever variations I made with my 3 year old she enjoyed them. I found this recipe in a booked called "The Great Big Cookie Book" by Hilaire Walden. It was in the kid's section of the book.
- Preheat the oven to 190oC or 375oF Gas 5. Grease a baking sheet.
- Cream together the sugar, margarine, salt and vanilla essence until very soft and light.
- Work in the flour, cocoa and ginger, adding a little milk, if necessary, to bind the mixture. Knead lightly on a floured surface until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to about 5 mm or 1/4 inch thick. Stamp out shapes using floured biscuit cutters and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 - 15 minutes. Leave to cool on the baking sheets until firm, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with glace icing and pieces of glace cherries.