Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really pretty side dish and a great recipe to use up leftover rice!
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup jarred roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the rice and stir once.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and let stand 3 minutes.
- Add scallions, roasted red pepper, ginger and sugar to the rice. Stir with a fork to combine and fluff.