Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been trying lots of different types of coleslaws this summer. So when I saw this recipe in a weight loss magazine I knew it was one I would want to try. Plus, I just bought some rice vinegar and this will be a good way to use it! 1 cup is 1 WW point and this is a core recipe. Cook time is standing time.
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 plums, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 scallions, sliced
- In a large bowl mix together the vinegar, oil, ginger, and salt.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and put in the fridge for the flavors to blend.
- 1 to 4 hours is the recommended blending time.
I love making coleslaw as a lighter healthier alternative to mayo based potato or macaroni salads. This was a great change from the usual with crisp and bright flavors. I did not have red cabbage and did not want to buy one for this purpose so my slaw was green cabbage slivered at home. Thanks ladypit.
Oh my goodness, what a great idea for cole slaw! I must admit the plums I got were a bit on the sour side, but I'm not going to mark off for that, of course. The juiciness of the plums and the gingery dressing made a nice departure from the usual cole slaw. I admit I did use green cabbage because that's what I had on hand. I had this by itself but can't wait to serve it as part of a Chinese meal.