Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
A little bit of comfort food with a fresh twist. Great finish for a spicy Thai meal or serve with a mango and almost get away with calling it a healthy snack :-)
- 1⁄2 cup white basmati rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated (or finely minced)
- In a bowl, soak uncooked rice in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a 3-quart, heavy-bottom saucepan, bring coconut milk, milk, rice, sugar, and salt to a boil. Gently simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes until thick. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir ginger into the pudding and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
- Serve plain or with fresh sliced mango.