Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
i want to know the calories
- 6 chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery ribs
- 1 onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk (regular, not the diet stuff)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 cup raw peanuts (or at leasted unsalted)
- 1Brown chicken with garlic,with garlic cut in large pieces(about 3 slices in a clove)or simply toss chicken in frozen with chopped cloves.
- 2Toss in all the vegetables, and chicken.
- 3Mix together coconut milk, and cumin.
- 4Toss everything, including coconut mix, in crock pot.
- 5Cook time is based on how you like your meat. If you like to chew your meat, then 9 hours on low if the chicken is frozen.5hours on low if the chicken was browned first.
- 6If you like to have your meat the fall off the bone, (assuming that your chicken has bones, the best way to cook this dish is the have bones in your chicken, cause it keeps in the flavour), 10-12 hours on low if the chicken is frozen. 7 hours if the chicken was browned first.
- 7And just eat with rice, has to be rice, can't be anything except for rice. RICE! Plain white rice!
I was disappointed that this didn't have any coconut flavor. I generally like hot stuff, but the 3 tbsp of tabasco was very overpowering.