Looking for a natural NeoCitran substitute? Or a hot lemony drink when you're not feeling so well? This has all the goodness of the store brand without the powdery, chemical taste. All that is needed is your favorite pain killer and before you know it, you're better! My deepest thanks to the cook book "sublime vegetarian" for this recipe. I have personally made this recipe for a couple of winters now, it works. My family thinks it's wonderful.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water, ginger and juice and zest of lemon and grapefruit.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove any scum (bubbles) that float to the surface.
- Add cornstarch mix and stir for about 1 minute until thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a covered glass jar and refrigerate.
- This will keep for about a month in the fridge.
- When someone in your family gets the flu or the chills, put 2 Tablespoons in a mug with hot water, stir.
- Let them drink this slowly and follow up with either Tylenol or Asprin.
- They will be better in no time.