Make this a meal by adding cooked chicken, fish, or shrimp -- Modified from dallasnews.com's recipe by Jane Jarrell, published: June 21, 2011. Dust off your food processor!
- 1 (12 ounce) package linguine
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil (divided ~ see below)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger (peeled ~ mince in food processor ~ see below)
- 1 small jalapeno chile (seeded ~ mince in food processor ~ see below)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves (finely chopped in food processor ~ see below)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth (more if needed)
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water, per directions on the box, until just tender but still firm.
- Drain noodles. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Transfer to large bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
- With food processor running, drop ginger and jalapeno through feed tube and mince.
- Add cilantro, soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, 3 tablespoons broth and remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil.
- Process until mixture is almost smooth, adding more broth if necessary.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add sauce to noodles and toss.
- Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.
- Serves 4.