Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
Flavour is the star in this Asian-inspired entrée salad, made with striploin steaks and hearty vegetables. Courtesy Jason Parsons.
- 4 (6 ounce) steaks, stiploin
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons pepper, finely chopped red chili
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 cups apples, peeled, seeded & diced
- 2 cups broccoli, blanched
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup blue cheese, diced
- 1 cup endive, Belgian
- 1 cup spinach, baby
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix the ginger, cilantro, garlic, chili, soy sauce and orange juice.
- Pour over the striploin steaks and leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Remove the steaks from the liquid, and heat the grapeseed oil over high heat.
- Sear the steaks until brown on both sides.
- Once cooked to medium rare, approximately 2 minutes on each side, remove from the heat and allow to rest.
- In a large bowl mix the apple, broccoli, walnuts, blue cheese, endive leaves, spinach.
- Mix together honey and yogurt.
- Toss salad with honey and yogurt dressing.
- Gently mix and divide salad evenly between four plates.
- Slice the rested steak and top each salad.
- Serve immediately.