2 hrs 34 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Baton Twirling's Note:
Flavour is the star in this Asian-inspired entrée salad, made with striploin steaks and hearty vegetables. Courtesy Jason Parsons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) steaks, stiploin
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons pepper, finely chopped red chili
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 cups apples, peeled, seeded & diced
- 2 cups broccoli, blanched
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup blue cheese, diced
- 1 cup endive, Belgian
- 1 cup spinach, baby
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Mix the ginger, cilantro, garlic, chili, soy sauce and orange juice.
- 2Pour over the striploin steaks and leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- 3Remove the steaks from the liquid, and heat the grapeseed oil over high heat.
- 4Sear the steaks until brown on both sides.
- 5Once cooked to medium rare, approximately 2 minutes on each side, remove from the heat and allow to rest.
- 6In a large bowl mix the apple, broccoli, walnuts, blue cheese, endive leaves, spinach.
- 7Mix together honey and yogurt.
- 8Toss salad with honey and yogurt dressing.
- 9Gently mix and divide salad evenly between four plates.
- 10Slice the rested steak and top each salad.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger, Cilantro and Garlic Beef Salad
Serving Size: 1 (560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 791.1
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 163.9 mg
- Sodium 2645.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 70.1 g