Recipe by SusieQusie
From the monthly magazine that I get from Texas Co-op Power - 2006 holiday recipe contest runner-up; Emily Huffman of Austin - to give credit where it's due. Easy, quick cookie with 2 of my favorite flavors. I think some grated orange zest would really gild the lily for me.
Top Review by CoffeeB
What a great little crinkle Susie. So glad I tagged and tried these. I must say I was leery of the ginger as not a fan. But, it comes thru very nicely and not powerful. Followed your recipe exactly as printed and rolled in Splenda. Tagged for 123 HitWonders 08~
- 59.16 ml butter, softened
- 22.18 ml vanilla extract
- 295.73 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 1 egg
- 709.77 ml baking mix (Bisquick or similar or make your own such as Bisquick)
- 29.58 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 14.79 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg (if you haven't tried grating your own, get thee to the market for whole nutmeg! ,-)
- 295.73 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- granulated sugar, to coat
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, vanilla, brown sugar, molasses & egg till smooth.
- Add baking mix, cocoa, ginger & nutmeg. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form into 1-inch balls & roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 11-12 minutes.