1/2 Photos of Ginger Chocolate Chip Crinkles
From the monthly magazine that I get from Texas Co-op Power - 2006 holiday recipe contest runner-up; Emily Huffman of Austin - to give credit where it's due. Easy, quick cookie with 2 of my favorite flavors. I think some grated orange zest would really gild the lily for me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups baking mix (Bisquick or similar or make your own such as Bisquick)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (if you haven't tried grating your own, get thee to the market for whole nutmeg! ,-)
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- granulated sugar, to coat
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2In a large bowl, combine butter, vanilla, brown sugar, molasses & egg till smooth.
- 3Add baking mix, cocoa, ginger & nutmeg. Mix well.
- 4Stir in chocolate chips.
- 5Form into 1-inch balls & roll in granulated sugar.
- 6Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- 7Bake 11-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Chocolate Chip Crinkles
Serving Size: 1 (1097 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 143.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g