Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
We are currently in Kunanurra Western Australia where they grow great chickpeas. I found this recipe on a leaflet in a bag of chickpeas I just bought. Prep time doesn't take the soaking and cooking and cooling of the chickpeas into account.
- 250 g uncooked dried garbanzo beans, soaked for 4 hours
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- Boil the chickpeas for 10 minutes, turn down the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- While still warm, pour over the dressing then leave to cool.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and serve.