Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve over steamed brown or white rice.
Make and share this Ginger Chicken With Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, root trimmed and bulb thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skilet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning once halfway through cooking time. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add onion, fennel and ginger to skillet; cook and stir 4 minutes or until tender. Add sugar and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add undrained tomatoes, wine (or broth), balsamic vinegar and pepper. Bring to a boil and add chicken back to skillet. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.