Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
An absolutely delicious chicken recipe. This appeared in one of our Local Newspapers. Takes very little time to make.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, slivered
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, slivered
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 2 large green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add sliced onions and saute'until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute' for 1 more minute.
- Remove onion and garlic into a dish and set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to frying pan; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, ginger, mint and basil leaves and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, green onions and sambal oelek.
- Return onions and garlic to the pan and continue cooking until chicken is tender, about 3 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- When chicken is just cooked, add rice vinegar, sugar and fish sauce; stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately over cooked rice of your choice.
- NOTE: Sambal Oelek is a hot Chili Sauce and is available in most major supermarkets in the Asian Food Section.