Recipe by Kharma
From the Sunset Crockery Cookbook. I've been working my way through it and so far everything I've tried has been excellent. This chicken has a very nice delicate flavor. I used thighs instead of breasts. The recipe said to cook it for 6 to 7 hours. I had it in for about 6.5 and the meat was just a tiny bit dry. Next time I'll check it sooner. This is definitely something I'm going to make often though. Please try it.
Top Review by Carianne
This was awesome! I did not use any bulgur. The end result did not have any ginger taste remaining, so it was different that I expected, but ti was still totally yummy. The chicken turned out incredibly tender and juicy. Thank you!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup bulgur
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cilantro, ginger, garlic and 2T of green onions.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top of cilantro mixture.
- Pour soy sauce and broth over chicken.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir bulgur into cooking liquid.
- Cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes, or until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve chicken over bulgur.
- Sprinkle with other 2 T green onions.