Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple and good chicken dish. Freezing the meat for 1-2 hours until very firm but not frozen solid will make it easier to slice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow onions, peeled & chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, peeled & grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts (8-9 ounces) or 9 ounces sirloin, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups broccoli florets, washed
- 4 1⁄2 cups snow peas, washed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- In a wok or large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil and and sauté onion until translucent (5 minutes).
- Add ginger, garlic, and chicken; sprinkle with pepper, and sauté, turning frequently, until meat is lightly browned (3 minutes).
- Add vegetables, soy sauce, and stock, and continue cooking, stirring often, until the chicken is cooked through, the stock is reduced to a glaze, and the vegetables are tender (20 minutes).
- If the pan dries out during cooking, add water 1/8 cup at a time to keep moist.