1/4 Photos of Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
Lovely combination of vegetables and chicken with a nice touch of ginger. Submitted for the January 2006 RSC
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 sweet green pepper, sliced into sticks
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced into sticks
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced into sticks
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small acorn squash, cubed (or squash of your choice)
- 2 fresh tomatoes, large diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1Parboil squash, or cut in half, remove seeds and microwave for about 3 minutes depending on size, cube and set aside.
- 2Generously spray a non stick wok or deep fry pan. Heat wok and add chicken strips; brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle chicken with paprika.
- 3Lower heat and add onions and garlic, stir fry about 5 minutes, until onion is soft, being careful not to burn garlic.
- 4Add sweet and hot peppers and ginger sticks; stir fry about 3 minutes.
- 5Add squash cubes, stir fry 2 minutes.
- 6Add tomato , stir fry just until heated through, 1 minute.
- 7Sprinkle salt and pepper over all.
- 8Make a slurry out of the chicken stock and cornstarch; add to chicken and vegetables; stir fry until liquid is thickened about 4 minutes.
- 9Nice served over brown rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 264.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: