Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe is from Real Simple magazine.
Make and share this Ginger Chicken Soup With Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes low sodium chicken broth (8 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add the parsnips, turnip, carrots, celery, broth, and salt and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the chicken, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the peas and scallions, and let sit, covered, for 1 minute.