Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from Rachael Ray's April 2007 magazine with our variations. (We added shrimp and red peppers and left out the small head of Napa cabbage).
- 453.59 g spaghetti
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 340.19 g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 453.59 g frozen cocktail shrimp, thawed and de-tailed
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 113.39-141.74 g mushrooms, sliced (original recipe calls for Shiitake)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4.92 ml coarse black pepper
- 78.07 ml soy sauce (original recipe calls for tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml toasted sesame seeds
- Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain in colander.
- While noodles cook, heat olive oil over high heat until rippling in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add chicken and stir fry till golden. Add scallions, mushrooms, red pepper, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add shrimp after 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- While spaghetti drains, add sesame oil and soy sauce to pasta pot. Add spaghetti and toss to coat.
- Either add stir-fry to noodles and toss to mix or serve stir-fry on top of noodles.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds.
Absolutely delicious the first night and terrific re-heated in the microwave the next; which can rarely be said for leftover pasta dishes.
This was fantastic! I loved the toasted sesame seeds in this. I omitted the shrimp, only because I didn't have any. But it was great without it. I used whole wheat linguine, because thats what I had on hand. I also cut back the size to make for one. All in all, great flavor and an easy recipe. Thanks anonymous for posting this recipe.