Recipe by janem123
This recipe is adapted from a recipe provided by Reynolds Kitchens. I love packet cooking because prep and cleaup are so easy and because it is an easy way to keep fat content low.
- 1⁄3 cup light teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (can thaw frozen florets by putting them in a colander and running cold water over them)
- 1 medium red peppers or 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered or 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear heavy duty aluminum foil into 4 (12 X 18 inch) pieces.
- Combine teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, and ginger. Set aside.
- Center one chicken breast half on each sheet of foil. Top with vegetables.
- Bring up sides of foil. Double fold top and one end of packet. Through the open end, add 1/4 of teriyaki mixture to each packet.
- Double fold each remaining end to seal packet, leaving room for heat to circulate.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes at 450 degrees on a cookie sheet in the oven OR grill 13 - 15 minutes in covered grill.
- Serve over rice.