Recipe by Engrossed
This is pretty easy, tasty and healthy. Feel free to increase the spices...I usually do.
Top Review by queenbeatrice
I made this using ramen noodles and did not use dry sherry. I followed the instructions as listed with wonderful results. I love the asian flavor in this soup. Thanks for shaing your lovely recipe. Made for the Crock Pot and Rice Cooker Game at Kittencalskitchen's forum.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces dried vermicelli or 2 ounces other medium noodles
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods (if using frozen thaw them first) or 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh pea pods, cut diagonally (if using frozen thaw them first)
- soy sauce, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 1/2 to 6 quart crock pot, combine the first 10 ingredients up to the water.
- Cover and cook on high-heat for 2-3 hours.
- Uncover and stir in noodles and pea pods.
- Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes more or until noodles are tender.
- Serve with additional soy sauce.
- Also good with sesame and chili oils.