Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is pretty easy, tasty and healthy. Feel free to increase the spices...I usually do.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces dried vermicelli or 2 ounces other medium noodles
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods (if using frozen thaw them first) or 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh pea pods, cut diagonally (if using frozen thaw them first)
- soy sauce, to serve
- In a 3 1/2 to 6 quart crock pot, combine the first 10 ingredients up to the water.
- Cover and cook on high-heat for 2-3 hours.
- Uncover and stir in noodles and pea pods.
- Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes more or until noodles are tender.
- Serve with additional soy sauce.
- Also good with sesame and chili oils.
I made this using ramen noodles and did not use dry sherry. I followed the instructions as listed with wonderful results. I love the asian flavor in this soup. Thanks for shaing your lovely recipe. Made for the Crock Pot and Rice Cooker Game at Kittencalskitchen's forum.
Into the 10 STAR book with this one! So easy and so much flavor for so few ingredients. Thanks for this keeper!
This is good. I used about 4 carrots, 5c chicken stock, rice cooking wine (instead of sherry). The ginger flavor was a little strong for me, so I'll probably decrease it to 1/2 T or 2t.