1/4 Photos of Ginger-Chicken Noodle Soup (Crock Pot)
3 hrs 20 mins
This is pretty easy, tasty and healthy. Feel free to increase the spices...I usually do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces dried vermicelli or 2 ounces other medium noodles
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods (if using frozen thaw them first) or 1 (6 ounce) package fresh pea pods, cut diagonally (if using frozen thaw them first)
- soy sauce, to serve
- 1In a 3 1/2 to 6 quart crock pot, combine the first 10 ingredients up to the water.
- 2Cover and cook on high-heat for 2-3 hours.
- 3Uncover and stir in noodles and pea pods.
- 4Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes more or until noodles are tender.
- 5Serve with additional soy sauce.
- 6Also good with sesame and chili oils.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger-Chicken Noodle Soup (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.7
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 925.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 22.9 g