- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces rice vermicelli
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed and halved diagonally
- additional soy sauce, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-1/2- to 6-quart crockery cooker, combine chicken, carrots, sherry (if desired), the 1 tablespoon soy sauce, the vinegar, ginger, and pepper. Stir in chicken broth and the water. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in noodles and pea pods. Cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes more or until noodles are tender. Serve with additional soy sauce. Makes 6 servings.