Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
Tangy flavors, crunchy vegetables and nuts, cool and crispy lettuce leaves come together for a delicious meal on a warm summer's night. COOK'S TIP: Be sure that all the ingredients are well-chilled before preparing. THIS RECIPE MAY BE DOUBLED.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 2 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot Coleslaw
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, chopped (green onions, scallions)
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts or 1⁄4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 6 small butter lettuce leaves, wahsed and dried
- 2 oranges, quartered
SPICY GINGER SAUCE
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the first four (4) ingredients; gently toss.
- Divide chicken salad evenly when spooning into the center of each lettuce leaf; top each with 2 teaspoons spicy ginger sauce (recipe directions below).
- Roll up; secure with a wooden toothpick. Serve with oranges.
- GINGER SAUCE:.
- In a small bowl, combine together the shallots, ginger, chili paste, soy sauce, vinegar; set aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt the brown sugar on high heat. Stir rapidly,until it is just melted -- DO NOT BURN. Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to boil until brown sugar is melted again .
- Remove from the heat and set aside until ready to serve with lettuce wraps.