Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Tangy flavors, crunchy vegetables and nuts, cool and crispy lettuce leaves come together for a delicious meal on a warm summer's night. COOK'S TIP: Be sure that all the ingredients are well-chilled before preparing. THIS RECIPE MAY BE DOUBLED.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 2 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot Coleslaw
- 1/4 cup spring onion, chopped (green onions, scallions)
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts or 1/4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 6 small butter lettuce leaves, wahsed and dried
- 2 oranges, quartered
SPICY GINGER SAUCE
- 1In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the first four (4) ingredients; gently toss.
- 2Divide chicken salad evenly when spooning into the center of each lettuce leaf; top each with 2 teaspoons spicy ginger sauce (recipe directions below).
- 3Roll up; secure with a wooden toothpick. Serve with oranges.
- 4GINGER SAUCE:.
- 5In a small bowl, combine together the shallots, ginger, chili paste, soy sauce, vinegar; set aside.
- 6In a small heavy saucepan, melt the brown sugar on high heat. Stir rapidly,until it is just melted -- DO NOT BURN. Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to boil until brown sugar is melted again .
- 7Remove from the heat and set aside until ready to serve with lettuce wraps.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps: on the Dinner Table in 15 Minutes!
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 4060.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic
rice wine vinegar