Recipe by threeovens
A great recipe to use up leftover rice. Why call for takeout?
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Great, quick fried rice! I made as written the exception of making only 2 servings (DSs do not eat rice). There was enough for DH, myself and DHs lunch. The ginger and garlic were not overpowering and the soy sauce didn't make it too salty. Will make this again! Made for Everyday Holiday.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 4 cups rice, cooked (brown or white)
- 1 cup peas, thawed if frozen
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil and onions, cook until onions begin to brown around the edges, about 7 minutes. Add eggs and cook until set, about 2 minutes; set aside. Add 1 tablespoon oil, add chicken and cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 5 or 6 minutes; set aside with eggs.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet and cook the ginger, garlic, and red pepper until softened, about 2 minutes. Add rice and peas, cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in eggs, chicken, soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook until heated through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.