Recipe by AHales
Adapted from a yummy Weight Watchers recipe - 3 POINTS per serving (4 filled lettuce leaves). Great for a light supper or an appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 1 medium chopped red bell pepper
- 1 finely chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 16 leaves romaine lettuce (inner leaves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ginger, garlic and broth in large skillet; simmer.
- Add chicken and return to simmer for 30 minutes, covering the skillet.
- Turn chicken over after 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Reserve 3 Tablespoons broth.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Place ingredients in a bowl and add celery, red pepper, and scallion.
- Combine teriyaki sauce, reserved broth, and pepper; stir well.
- Toss with chicken mixture and spoon into lettuce leaves.