Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a delicious stir-fry recipe and a really quick and easy dinner. Although the original recipe calls for asparagus, I have used fresh green beans (cut into 1-inch pieces) in place of the asparagus. The amounts for this recipe serves really only about 3 people, however all ingredients can easily be doubled to serve more. This is delicious!
Top Review by hollyfrolly
Mmmmmmm, mmmm, mmmm! This is a lovely combination of flavors for this stir-fry! We made some minor changes- but only b/c it's what we had on hand.... broccoli and snow peas instead of the asparagus and green onion and we sort of tweaked the garlic and ginger amounts (we added more) with a dollop of honey to the mix. So, so good- really fresh tasting with the lemon and fresh ginger. A definite keeper! Thanks for a delicious winner, Kitten! **Update.. we use this recipe a LOT and often switch up the veggies. I particularly love to use Meyer lemons with it- because they are not quite so tart. Still LOVE this recipe and it is definitely a family fav. Thanks again!
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml grated fresh ginger (can use more if desired)
- 3 fresh minced garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into about 1/2-inch strips
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 78.07 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml oil
- 473.18 ml sliced mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 473.18 ml asparagus, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic; mix/whisk to combine.
- Toss the chicken pieces well with about 3 tablespoons of the lemon/soy mixture; reserve the remaining mixture.
- Dissolve/whisk the cornstarch in chicken broth.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan until hot.
- Add in mushrooms and chicken; stir over high heat until chicken looses the pink colour.
- Add in asparagus and green onions, continue to stir over high heat until veggies at crisp-tender.
- Add/stir in broth/cornstarch mixture and reserved soy sauce mixture until thickened.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice or cooked pasta.