Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious stir-fry recipe and a really quick and easy dinner. Although the original recipe calls for asparagus, I have used fresh green beans (cut into 1-inch pieces) in place of the asparagus. The amounts for this recipe serves really only about 3 people, however all ingredients can easily be doubled to serve more. This is delicious!
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml grated fresh ginger (can use more if desired)
- 3 fresh minced garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into about 1/2-inch strips
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 78.07 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml oil
- 473.18 ml sliced mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 473.18 ml asparagus, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic; mix/whisk to combine.
- Toss the chicken pieces well with about 3 tablespoons of the lemon/soy mixture; reserve the remaining mixture.
- Dissolve/whisk the cornstarch in chicken broth.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan until hot.
- Add in mushrooms and chicken; stir over high heat until chicken looses the pink colour.
- Add in asparagus and green onions, continue to stir over high heat until veggies at crisp-tender.
- Add/stir in broth/cornstarch mixture and reserved soy sauce mixture until thickened.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice or cooked pasta.
Mmmmmmm, mmmm, mmmm! This is a lovely combination of flavors for this stir-fry! We made some minor changes- but only b/c it's what we had on hand.... broccoli and snow peas instead of the asparagus and green onion and we sort of tweaked the garlic and ginger amounts (we added more) with a dollop of honey to the mix. So, so good- really fresh tasting with the lemon and fresh ginger. A definite keeper! Thanks for a delicious winner, Kitten! **Update.. we use this recipe a LOT and often switch up the veggies. I particularly love to use Meyer lemons with it- because they are not quite so tart. Still LOVE this recipe and it is definitely a family fav. Thanks again!
This is a very simple and flavorful dish that we both loved. Added a teaspoon of Chili garlic sauce for some kick. It was very good and will be made again.
Made it exactly as stated, since asparagus season has just begun. Delicious! Love the combination of asparagus, 'shrooms, and scallions!