1/1 Photo of Ginger Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry
This is a delicious stir-fry recipe and a really quick and easy dinner. Although the original recipe calls for asparagus, I have used fresh green beans (cut into 1-inch pieces) in place of the asparagus. The amounts for this recipe serves really only about 3 people, however all ingredients can easily be doubled to serve more. This is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml grated fresh ginger (can use more if desired)
- 3 fresh minced garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into about 1/2-inch strips
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 78.07 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml oil
- 473.18 ml sliced mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 473.18 ml asparagus, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic; mix/whisk to combine.
- 2Toss the chicken pieces well with about 3 tablespoons of the lemon/soy mixture; reserve the remaining mixture.
- 3Dissolve/whisk the cornstarch in chicken broth.
- 4Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan until hot.
- 5Add in mushrooms and chicken; stir over high heat until chicken looses the pink colour.
- 6Add in asparagus and green onions, continue to stir over high heat until veggies at crisp-tender.
- 7Add/stir in broth/cornstarch mixture and reserved soy sauce mixture until thickened.
- 8Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- 9Serve over rice or cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1804.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 36.1 g