Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Ginger Chicken and Peanut Sauce Wrap recipe from Food.com.
- 6 small mission soft low-carb flour tortillas (taco-size)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 4 ounces rice noodles (1/2 8 oz pkg)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 8 ounces Coca-Cola
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Combine ingredients for marinade and mix thoroughly.
- Puncture entire chicken breast with a fork, place chicken and marinade into a covered bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours (over night if desired). Cut chicken into one inch cubes.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package, drain and set aside to cool.
- Wash and drain romaine lettuce and cut into 2 inch pieces. Wash and drain cilantro and separate into single stalks.
- Combine ingredients for peanut sauce and mix thoroughly with a wire whisk.
- Preheat sesame oil in a wok or non stick skillet on high heat until almost smoking. Stir fry chicken for 2-3 minutes until chicken is brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Heat tortillas in microwave on high for 30 seconds or until warm. Heat between two plates or in a tortilla warmer for best results. Do not overheat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of sauce down the center of each tortilla. Fill tortilla with 2 tablespoons of chicken, 2 tablespoons of lettuce, one stalk of Cilantro and 1/4 cup of rice noodles.
- Wraps can be made in advance and chilled if desired.
I took this wonderful recipe and lowered the amount of fat in it to make it that much healthier. For the world tour 2006.into this Ginger Chicken and Peanut Sauce Wraps.