Prep 30 mins
Cook 16 mins
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon regular soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup thickly sliced gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 2 teaspoons sliced pickled ginger
- Make the marinade: combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- Add in the chicken; stir to coat evenly; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Set a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot; add in the oil, swirling to coat the sides.
- Add in the fresh ginger; cook, stirring, until the ginger is crispy and the oil is infused with the flavor, about 1 ½ minutes.
- Add in the chicken; stir-fry until it is no longer pink in the center, 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the broth and pineapple; cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens slightly, about 20 seconds.
- Transfer to a serving plate; garnish with the pickled ginger and serve.