Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe from my Mother, It is simple and delicious.She often served it for dinner parties and received many complements.Serve with rice and a green salad.
- 6 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 inches piece ginger, peeled & shredded
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1 lime, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, slice
- salt & pepper
- Grease a casserole with butter.
- Place onions and garlic in the casserole.
- Place shredded ginger on top of onions.
- Place chicken over ginger.
- Season to taste.
- Mix the cream,wine,cheese and mushrooms together and pour over the chicken.
- Place sliced lime over the top.
- Tent with foil and bake in 350# oven for 40 minutes.