1 hr 25 mins
From "A Knockout Kabob Party", Good Food Magazine, September 1986. Prep times does not include 2 hours chilling time. This cheesecake can be made up to 1 day in advance; cover lightly with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/4 cup minced stem ginger in syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1Mix crumbs and butter in small bowl with fingers. Reserve 1/4 cup crumb mixture for topping; press remaining mixture on bottom and 1/4-inch up side of 10-inch springform pan; refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Beat cream cheese in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add 2/3 cup sugar, the eggs, ground ginger, cinnamon, and cloves; beat until smooth and well blended. Stir in stem ginger and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
- 4Bake cheesecake until set, about 30 minutes. Remove to wire rack; let cool 20 minutes. Keep oven on.
- 5Mix sour cream and remaining 2 T. sugar in small bowl; spread evenly over cake. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- 6Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top of cake. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours. Let warm at room temperaqture 20 minutes before serving. Remove side of pan. Cut cake into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.2
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 159.9 mg
- Sodium 397.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ginger in syrup