Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is something different
Make and share this Ginger Chai Milkshake recipe from Food.com.
- 88.74 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 4 slice fresh ginger, 1/2- inch-thick, smashed with the broad side of a chef's knife
- 5 slice lemon zest, 4-inch strips
- 4 scoop vanilla ice cream (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 scoop pear-ginger sorbet (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 177.44 ml chai concentrate (optional) or 177.44 ml crystallized ginger, slivers or chunks for garnish (optional)
- GINGER SYRUP.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the sugar and water.
- Swirl to fully moisten and then dissolve the sugar.
- Bring to a gentle boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the ginger and lemon zest, and stir to immerse them in the liquid.
- Cover the pan and let steep for 30 minutes. Using a sieve, strain the syrup into a small bowl, pressing the ginger and zest to release all of the liquid.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 5 days.
- In a blender, place the ice cream, sorbet, chai concentrate, and 1/4 cup chilled ginger syrup,.
- pulse several times to break up the ice cream and sorbet.
- Puree the mixture until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Divide between 2 chilled glasses and garnish with crystallized ginger, if desired.