Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chai is a pleasant drink for sipping on cold days. Inspired by A nice cuppa (From the Well Fed Network).
- Peel the ginger, and cut the cube into 2 pieces.
- Place the ginger, cinnamon, anise, orange zest, cardamom in a piece of cheesecloth.
- Fill the cup(s) you will be using with water twice and add to the pot.
- Add the honey and the bag of spices to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Then, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and add the loose tea.
- Stir while increasing the heat to bring the mixture back to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add enough milk, a little at a time, to achieve the desired caramel color.
- Remove the cheesecloth sack and serve hot.