Rebecca Downey's Note:
Chai is a pleasant drink for sipping on cold days. Inspired by A nice cuppa (From the Well Fed Network).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the ginger, and cut the cube into 2 pieces.
- 2Place the ginger, cinnamon, anise, orange zest, cardamom in a piece of cheesecloth.
- 3Fill the cup(s) you will be using with water twice and add to the pot.
- 4Add the honey and the bag of spices to the pot.
- 5Bring to a boil, stirring.
- 6Then, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 7Remove the lid, and add the loose tea.
- 8Stir while increasing the heat to bring the mixture back to a boil.
- 9Boil for 1 minute.
- 10Remove from heat and add enough milk, a little at a time, to achieve the desired caramel color.
- 11Remove the cheesecloth sack and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Chai
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black tea leaves