1 hr 25 mins
In 'The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever' by Beatrice Ojakangas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup cashews, for garnish
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; coat a deep 2 1/2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- 2In a large wok or nonstick skillet, heat the sesame oil; add in onion, celery, bell pepper, and mushrooms; saute over high heat, stirring, for about 2 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender; add in the red pepper flakes.
- 3Drain the pineapple over a small bowl to catch the juice.
- 4Add the cornstarch, soy sauce, and ginger to the juice; stir to combine.
- 5Pour the sauce into the wok, heat to boiling and cook, stirring until thickened.
- 6Spread out the rice in the casserole; add the chicken and pineapple chunks to the vegetables in the wok; mix well and pour over the rice.
- 7Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, until hot.
- 8Sprinkle with the cashews and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger-Cashew Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.8
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 283.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 16.4 g