Recipe by Ldy Astranna
Creamy comfort food and fresh hot bread. Yum Yum. I keep this in the crock pot on the weekend and have people come over to enjoy throughout the day.
- 2 tablespoons sweet creamy butter
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup whipping cream
- white pepper
- sour cream
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 6 quart pan, over medium high heat, add butter and onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are limp. Add broth, carrots and ginger. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender when pierced.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. Don't fill the blender more than half way and do it in batches Cover the blender but be sure to hold a towel over something over the top of the blender. Be careful because sometimes the mixture gets hot and rises up over the top of the blender lid. Pulse the blender to start and then puree until smooth. Return to the pan and add cream. Continue to stir over high heat until hot. Add white pepper and salt to taste.