Recipe by Demandy
From Cooking Light.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
When making the pancakes, I did cut back on the amount of ginger used (probably used a total of 2 teaspoons of it) & the combo of flavors here was still to my liking! However, when I got to step 4 of the directions, I thought that those ingredients indicated would have been listed (along with amounts) in the initial ingredient list, but they weren't! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Diabetes Awareness Month Tag Game]
- 2 1⁄2 cups of coarsely shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine carrot, green onion, garlic and ginger. Sprinkle flour and salt over the carrot mixture; stir to combine. Pour egg over the carrot mixture and stir to blend.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil in a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over low heat. Using about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake, spoon 4 pancakes onto hot pan, spreading each to a 4-inch diameter.
- Cook 4 minutes on each side or until bottoms are lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate, keep warm. Heat remaining oil in pan, repeat procedure with remaining batter. Makes 8.
- Serve with a dipping sauce made by combining soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, honey, minced garlic, and grated ginger.