Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This goes great with so many different entrees. It's a crisp and healthful addition to any menu. Try this with Asian Style Gravlax! From Cooking with Caprial, American Bistro Fare. Cook time is marinating time.
- 1 large daikon radish, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- soy sauce
- Place julienned daikon, carrot, and radish in a bowl and toss.
- For the dressing:.
- Place the vinegar, gingerroot, garlic, chile sauce, and cilantro in a small bowl and mix well. Whisk in oil until well blended. Season with soy sauce.
- Pour the dressing over radish mixture and marinate 30 minutes. Serve cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Pretty good. I think the oil can be reduced if you are watching calories. Simple, tasty healthy.
Crunchy,Crisp and refreshing! I added 1 teaspoon thinly sliced lemongrass. Used sweet chili sauce which could have been doubled. The garlic really come through in this recipe so if your not a fan add only 1 clove.