Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Flavorful! From Cooking Light
Make and share this Ginger Cardamom Pear Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups coarsely chopped peeled bartlett pears (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place pears in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Combine pear puree, sugar, and remaining ingredients in a medium sauté pan over medium heat; bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook 3 hours or until mixture is thick.