Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Given to me by a cupcake enthusiast on Vogue.com.au forums. They are out of this world!!
- 414.03 ml plain flour, sifted
- 8.62 ml baking powder, sifted
- 177.44 ml caster sugar
- 125 g butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 78.07 ml golden syrup
- 118.29 ml glace ginger, finely chopped
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml icing sugar, sifted
- 0.26 ml lemon essence
- 0.26 ml yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven to 180°C Line two 12 cup muffin tin with papers.
- 'Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
- Place the butter, eggs, sour cream, golden syrup and ginger in another bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with mix and bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool in tin for 5 minutes then onto a wire rack.
- Process cream cheese in a food processer until smooth.
- Add icing sugar, lemon essence and food colouring, procces until all combine.
- Spread onto cold muffins with spatula or piping bag.