Given to me by a cupcake enthusiast on Vogue.com.au forums. They are out of this world!!
Make and share this Ginger Cake Muffins With Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 125 g butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup golden syrup
- 1⁄2 cup glace ginger, finely chopped
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 4 drops lemon essence
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven to 180°C Line two 12 cup muffin tin with papers.
- 'Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
- Place the butter, eggs, sour cream, golden syrup and ginger in another bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with mix and bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool in tin for 5 minutes then onto a wire rack.
- Process cream cheese in a food processer until smooth.
- Add icing sugar, lemon essence and food colouring, procces until all combine.
- Spread onto cold muffins with spatula or piping bag.