This is from Cooking Light. I'm posting it for ZWT3. Germany.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 5 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup flat Guinness stout
- 3/4 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip Lite)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; line bottom of pan with wax paper.
- 3Coat wax paper with cooking spray; set aside.
- 4Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- 5Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 6Place brown sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until well blended (about 3 minutes).
- 7Add the egg, and beat well.
- 8Beat in the applesauce and molasses (batter may look slightly curdled).
- 9Reduce mixing speed to low. Add one-third of the flour mixture, and beat just until blended.
- 10Repeat procedure with remaining flour mixture.
- 11Add Guinness stout, and beat just until combined.
- 12Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- 13Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 14Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- 15Cool completely. Spread cake with whipped topping. Cut into 8 wedges.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Cake
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 316.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g