1/1 Photo of Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
Lee Hock's Note:
The combination of ginger and butternut squash is delicious and addictive. This recipe yields a creamy soup without the use of any cream. I love to whip this soup up with my immersion blender right in the pot. This soup also freezes well. You can serve it with a dollop of sour cream if you desire, although I serve it without a garnish. If you want to make this a completely dairy free soup, use dairy free margarine (Fleishman's unsalted, or Earth Balance.) Oh yeah, and you MUST use fresh ginger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Melt butter or margarine in stock pot, and add onions. Sautee over medium heat until translucent.
- 22. Add ginger, garlic, and cubed butternut squash. Sautee a few more minutes until fragrant.
- 33. Add orange juice, and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes, until the squash is tender.
- 44. With an immersion blender, puree until it is completely smooth and creamy.
- 55. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If it is too thick you may add more water.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 40.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g