Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another do ahead recipe that makes entertaining easy. Simple recipe that brings out a mellow flavor of the squash.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash, cut into 3-inch chunks (or other winter squash)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ginger, peeled, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- Steam the squash over salted water for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- While still warm process the squash with the ginger and butter until it has a smooth texture.
- Taste, season with salt& pepper.
- If you wish add the brown sugar (it gives it a mellow taste).
- Place in casserole.
- You may now cover and refrigerate until 30 minutes before dinner or put in in a 350f oven for 20 minutes, covered and serve.
Very simple to make, very delicious to eat! Thanks:)
We have been looking for a simple butternut squash recipe that everyone enjoys and we have found it! I didn't change a thing and it was great.