Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Unless you have an air-convection oven, don't be tempted to bake two trays in the oven at one time, these have to bake in the middle of the oven. These will become a holiday favorite, they are in my house! These cookies will keep well up to 2 weeks if covered in an air-tight container.
Top Review by GSD Mom
Oh my! These are GOOD! I had some crystallized ginger that I needed to use and thought these would be perfect. At first, I thought the ratio of butter to flour was too high but they turned out perfect! They bake up very thin but the edges are crisp and the rest is chewy. They are addictive for sure. Thanks for another great recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350° (oven rack set to middle position).
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Beat in yolk, vanilla and ginger powder until well combined.
- Add in the chopped ginger, mix to combine.
- Add in the flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls (3-inches apart) on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the middle oven for about 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool cookies on sheets for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely.